All Local Recipes
Submit your all local recipe to email@example.com!
Slow Cooker Honey-Balsamic Pork Loin
- Approximately 3 lb. boneless pork roast (find from Alpha Omega Acres)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp red pepper (I like to use Turkish pepper, because it is milder than cayenne. Adjust accordingly. If you use cayenne 1 tsp may be too spicy/hot, depending on your taste.)
Mix all the spices together and rub well into the pork.
Place the roast in your slow cooker.
Then mix together:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (find from Texas Olive Ranch)
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth (find from Chandler Family Farm)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (stock up on honey from Texas Honeybee Guild)
Pour the liquid over the pork in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. According to the USDA, pork is considered safe to consume when cooked to an internal temperature of 145F.
Be safe! Get a good thermometer and learn how to use it. It’s the best way to tell if meat is properly cooked.
Easy BBQ Ribs
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
Serves: 3 to 4 servings
A simple way to enjoy BBQ ribs any day of the week. Simply rub with spices and slow cook until tender. Brush them with sauce and finish with 5 minutes under the broiler. A delicious, foolproof method.
- 1 rack pork loin back ribs (Chandler Family Farm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Turkish red pepper or paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ to ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Mix together all the dry spices in a bowl.
- Rub spices into meat, coating all sides.
- Place meat in slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours, or on medium for 4 hours until ribs are tender. Alternatively, you can wrap in foil and bake in a low oven (325F) for between 2 and 2½ hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker when a knife inserted between the bones shows them to be tender.
- Preheat broiler on your oven and brush the ribs with barbecue sauce on all sides.
- Place ribs on a foil lined tray and broil for 5 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. BBQ sauce has a high sugar content and burns easily.